Nominate Charities for Our Charity Pool
We strive to help our local community by supporting groups whose primary purpose is charitable service to the community. Our hope is to reach the causes with the greatest need and make an impactful, positive change by pooling our resources.
Any member can nominate a potential recipient. Please review the eligibility requirements below and submit a Nonprofit Nomination form.
To be a potential recipient, an organization must meet all of the following criteria:
In addition, all potential recipients must agree to:
Our Charity Pool
The following organizations are currently in our potential recipient pool. If a group has been selected in the past the date is noted in parenthesis and more information is available below under "Our Recipients". Don't see your favorite Yolo County nonprofit? Nominate it!
See the Meetings page for information on the three groups invited to the next meeting.
Are you a local nonprofit that would like to be nominated? Contact us and the steering committee will consider your request for nomination. If you have already been nominated, please fill out the qualification form below.
- Yolo County CASA. (November 2016) CASA volunteers advocate for abused and neglected children in the foster system to ensure their voices are heard and their needs are met. (November 9, 2016)
- Camp Kesem. (February 2017) Camp Kesem's mission is to support children through and beyond their parent's cancer with innovative, fun-filled programs that foster a lasting community.
- RISE Incorporated. (May 2017) RISE Incorporated is a non-profit benefit corporation serving the rural community to enhance the quality of life and opportunity for self-sufficiency.
- Yolo Family Service Agency. (August 2017) Yolo Family Service Agency provides professional counseling in both English and Spanish for children, families, couples, and individuals coping with issues such as marital difficulties, parent/child conflict, depression, anxiety, the effects of trauma and abuse, custody and divorce, and grief and loss.
- Progress Ranch, Inc. (November 2017) Progress Ranch, Inc. strives for the following outcomes for our boys: Health and well-being; Confidence and social skills; An optimistic and hopeful outlook; and a capacity for meaningful relationships. We work to achieve these outcomes by providing a nurturing home environment, being involved in a supportive community, emphasizing education, offering individual and family therapy.
- Meals on Wheels Yolo County. (February 2018) Meals on Wheels Yolo County's mission is to nourish and enrich the lives of individuals in Yolo County with emphasis on those age 60 and older, by providing nutritious meals to active and home bound people; thereby, promoting their health, well-being and independence.
- Yolo Basin Foundation (May 2018) Yolo Basin Foundation is dedicated to the appreciation and stewardship of wetlands and wildlife in the Yolo Bypass through education and innovative partnerships.
- Yolo Hospice (August 2018) Yolo Hospice's mission is to serve our communities, providing the highest level of care for every patient, every family, every time.
- Empower Yolo. (November 2018) Empower Yolo provides twenty-four hour crisis intervention, emergency shelter, confidential counseling, training, legal assistance, and other services for individuals and families affected by domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, human trafficking, and child abuse. Their mission is promoting, safe, healthy, and resilient communities.
- Davis Community Meals and Housing. (February 2019) The purpose of Davis Community Meals is to provide low-income and homeless individuals and families with housing, food, and human services to help them rebuild their lives.
- Yolo Community Care Continuum (May 2019) Yolo Community Care Continuum's mission is to better the lives of people with mental illness through direct services, advocacy, education and volunteer efforts.
- Yolo Crisis Nursery, Inc. (August 2019) Yolo Crisis Nursery provides early intervention services that nurture healthy and resilient children, strengthen parents and preserve families.